Sunday, October 10th - starts at 9am
911 El Portal Dr, Michiana Shores, IN 46360
On April 225, 1954 the Michiana SHores Volunteer Fire Department was incorporated as a separate not for profit organization devoted to the protection of life and property in Michiana Shores Indiana. This incorporation was accomplished by several of the then residents of Michiana Shores, Indiana.
In the early days financial support was accomplished through direct subscription with the Fire Department. Problems with collecting subscription money and not serving those who did not subscribe was a difficult situation. In response to that problem the Fire Department entered into a tax-supported system with the Town of Michiana Shores, Indiana. In the early 1980's the department started providing certified Medical non-transport support to the Community as an additional service. Soon after Medical service was stated for the Village of Michiana, Michigan. During this time the Trustees of the Village of Michiana entered into a contract with the Michiana Shores Volunteer Fired Department to have complete coverage.
All expenses involved with the operation of the Michiana Shores Volunteer Fire Department are paid for through funds colledted from both of therese Michiana communities.
Addition funds are raised thorough fundraisers.
Rescue Squad, 2004 American La-France
Pumper, 1982, Pierce
Pumper, 1975, Pierce
Tanker, 1981, Made by Four-Guys Inc.
Current Elected Officers:
Gary Bendix, Fire Chief
Mike Chastain, Assistant Fire Chief
Marge Wozniak, Secretary/Treasurer
Current Membership Level:
The Michiana Shores Volunteer Fire Department is an important part of the
Village of Michiana. They are quick to answer any calls & know our streets and our residents.
We are grateful to have them as part of our community support group.